Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One Big Cookie

This is not a cookie. This is a meal. When I first walked into Tart to Tart I almost walked right back out as I didn't see a chocolate chip cookie in their baked goods section - or so I thought. Once the friendly lady approached me, I felt compelled to ask for a cookie and then leave once I got the expected "no, sorry." However, the lovely lady whipped out a monster of a cookie that may well be the size of my face.

I couldn't stop exclaiming about how big it was. I told her I wasn't sure whether I could finish it but she laughed, saying that that was what the last guy said and, well, "you never know."


The cookie was crisp and dry but kept its shape well. The dryness had a slightly chewy texture of a cooled homemade cookie rather than the crumbling mess I had at another location. The dough to chip ratio was good for me and it was less sweet and buttery than Specialty's, which is probably why the last guy managed to finish it in one sitting. It was fairly addictive but I harnessed my discipline and put some of it away in a zip-lock bag. While the cookie wasn't too rich, I would probably feel rather sick if I finished it in one sitting. Especially considering I'm generally more of a savory person.

No comments:

Post a Comment