Tuesday, September 22, 2009

That's "Mrs." not "Ms."


Mrs. Fields. Not Ms. Not Miss. No dilly dallying. Mrs. Fields. The warm sweet scent of my childhood and memories of pulling at my mum's sleeve for a cookie or raspberry muffin. Mmm~

I tried out a semi-sweet chocolate chip cookie at the Powell Station location in SF today. Apparently their best selling cookie is milk chocolate, then white chocolate with macadamia nuts. The girl at the counter and I both agreed that white chocolate really didn't cut it (for all I know, she was humoring me, but I appreciated it).

Sadly, it seems that the semi-sweet chocolate chip no longer cuts it for me either. The edges have a nice chewiness to them, but the middle feels loaded with sugar rather than flavor. Perhaps I would fare better with a nibble-sized cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment