Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cakey Crunchy Chewy


Today a friend introduced me to Specialty's semi-sweet chocolate chunk cookies. Truly delightful, it made the whole hassle with parking (yellow paint and contradictory signage) worth it.

The cookie was incredibly rich and heavy with authority, so we split one between the two of us. It was slightly warm when I got it, and I tried to preserve the gentle glow of warmth as we rushed to the car and drove to find a venue where we could enjoy the cookie without paying for a ridiculously inefficient parking arrangement ($3.50 for 1hr).

Once settled down, we found a whole mix of 'C's in this cookie. The very edges had a crunch, while the top lingered in a chewy sort of way. Meanwhile, the middle bulk of the cookie was raised and rather cake-y. Most of my half had a good cookie to chocolate distribution. One part of semi-circle tip had a chocolate cluster, but it wasn't overwhelming. It left me wanting to eat more to savor the taste, but I knew that I was probably at the point of diminishing enjoyment.

Overall, an excellent cookie with a depth of richness that makes it more of a treat than a daily indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment